Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Wealdstone Youth FC app


Under 9 White - Match centre

Wealdstone u8 Yellow
Brook House
Sun 18 Mar 10:00 - Friendly Full time

A battle that could have gone either way!


A battle that could have gone either way!

We’d played Brook House twice already this season, so we knew it would be a tough match. Having been working on focus straight from the start (we have a tendency to start slowly and concede early goals), it was great to Wealdstone get off to a flying start. A fantastic through ball from Oscar, fed Aidan on the wing who drove a low shot beyond the keeper, 1-0 15 seconds played! Brook House fought hard and we matched them well, but they managed to get an equaliser as the ball lobbed over an out rushing Harrison. But Harrison and Oscar were determined get us back in to the lead. First Harrison made a stunning diving save from a long shot, then Oscar fought hard to win the ball, crossed the half way line and unleashed a power right foot shot, that beat the Brook House goalkeeper to make it 2-1. Another quick start led to a throw on, low and flat down the line (coach would have been proud), for Oliver to run on to and poke it past their Goal keeper, 3-1. Some lovely passing creates more chances and great defending and tough tackling from Aidan and Charlie kept it at 3-1 at half time. A deserved lead. 2nd half Brook House came out even more determined and applied a lot of pressure on our goal, Thomas making vital interceptions and time after time Oscar putting in a great clearances. A cross from the right and the Brook House striker got a head on the ball to steer it past Adam. Some great saves from Adam kept it at 3-2 and into the last quarter. Their pressure led to a number of penalty area scrambles and inspite of Wealdstone throwing themselves in the way, Brook House managed to slide one low into the corner. 3-3. With us struggling to get out of our half, Brook House got a lot of corners and from one of them struck a shot from the edge of the area to make it 4-3. With 5 mins left Wealdstone pushed hard again and had a few break away opportunities, but their defenders always just managed to get in a last ditch tackle before we could get the shot away. As the ref (Thanks Sean), blew the final whistle the boys looked gutted; it was a real physical battle, where all of the boys fought hard and should be very proud of how they played.

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsor


Club sponsors