Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Wealdstone Youth FC app


Under 12 White - Match center

adidas lockerroom
Wealdstone Youth FC
Forest United
Sun 14 Jan 10:30 - Friendly Full time

U11B Wealdstone 3 - 1 Forest United

Blues make it two out of two in phase two !!

Wealdstone 3 - 1 Forest United

Blues make it two out of two in phase two !!

With injuries and illness taking its toll the blues were down to minimal numbers again this week and debuts were handed to Yousef and Ahmed who have been training for a few weeks with the boys. The game started well for us and we were soon creating chances, we were winning the midfield battle and looking solid at the back and it wouldn't take long for the deadlock to be broken. Jamie won two crunching tackles in the centre circle and fed the ball to Liam who played it through to Michael who took the ball in his stride before skipping past two defenders and passing the ball to the keepers right and into the corner, 1-0. From the restart we continued to dominate and created more chances with Liam and Michael going close to increasing the lead. Yousef, making his debut, was playing well and he was linking up well with Danny on the right who both had their hands full with Forests best player but they were managing to keep him quiet. We were defending well and on the couple of occasions Forest got through Jack was quickly out to bravely smother the ball, even taking a kick to the head on one occasion. The half ended with us fully on top but unable to get the second goal we deserved.
We started the second half slowly and were under pressure almost straight away and from a period of pressure Forest worked the ball across the box and their winger hit a shot to the top corner and although Jack did well to get a hand to it it still found the net, 1-1. This seemed to shock us into life and we started to take control of the game again. Oscar was winning what seemed like every tackle in midfield and setting up attack after attack and it only seemed a matter of time before we would get another goal. Danny made another strong tackle and moved the ball forward to Yousef on the right, he duly helped it on down the wing to Michael who got past his man to enter the box before sliding it across past the keeper to an unmarked Kyal who tapped in for 2-1. Rather than sitting back on the lead we continued to press on. Ryan was beginning to get forward more on the left and linking up well with Kyal and Michael, which was giving us a real threat going forward and it was this combination that gave us the third goal. Ryan won he ball at the back and passed it forward to Kyal who took a touch before turning and passing into the channel for Michael to run on and after beating two defenders calmly placed the ball into the net for a fully deserved, 3-1 lead. Despite the scoreline Forest began to come back into the game and we had to really dig in and defend well, Ahmed was putting in a good display in his first game and making some important interceptions and Jamie, Ryan, Danny and Oscar were making some really strong challenges to stop the Forest attacks. The game ended with us having a couple more chances to increase the lead with Liam and Ahmed both going close but the game was to finish 3-1. A great performance from all the boys, everyone of them played really well and we should all be proud of them. Man of the match could have gone to a number of players but was awarded to Kyal who played well and managed a goal and assist. Thanks to John for linesman duties and to everyone for helping set up and take down the pitch. ⚽⚽⚽

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsor


Club sponsors